Join now - be part of our community!

VGP-VCC2 Camera Problem

raulsaraiva
Visitor

VGP-VCC2 Camera Problem

Hey there!

The webcam from my SZ2HP stopped working, apparently due to some driver problem, as it returns: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". Tried to install the driver again (not through the back up drivers I have - couldn't find the .exe file for the camera - but from a file I downloaded from Vaio US), but it keeps not working. And when I say not working I mean it won't even appear on My Computer (not really installed, as device manager shows a yellow (!) on top of the camera). I'm running XP Business and I suspect the camera problem came with SP3 (not sure, don't use the camera that much - until now, that I really need it). Someone has a clue? Any hotfix for this?

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
raulsaraiva
Visitor

Blencogo,

No problem!

That folder you see in the previous post you refer to has nothing to do with the WINDOWS one: it's the "detailed extraction log" that that program DriverMax returns when I hit 'Details' next to that awkward -1 file number. So I think any odd file there is explained by the way DriverMax operates.

That '_error_log.txt' I left attached to the same post, hoping perhaps you could decipher that, and it's also given by DriverMax.

Lost count on how many times I've done that, but I'll give it a try using your file. Given the files I have in my driver backup folder:
    • INFCACHE.1
    • mvc25u870.cat
    • Mvc25U870.inf
    • Mvc25U870.PNF
    • Mvc25U870.sys
    • Mv25U870Prp.ax (separated in different folders by language)

and Performing a search in the WINDOWS folder, I can find:

1. INFCACHE.1 under C:\WINDOWS\inf
    2. No copies of mvc25u870.cat
    3. Mvc25U870.inf under C:\WINDOWS\system32
    4. No copies of Mvc25U870.PNF
    5. Mvc25U870.sys under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    6. Mv25U870Prp.ax under C:\WINDOWS\system32

But I'm not really sure the explanation for the '-1' is around here. During the supposed updating of the driver, I can see that many dll and ax files (namely vidcap.ax) are being installed, but I can't access no report to know exactly which files are concerned in the process. Perhaps there's some problem with one of them?

Just to check, I'm running XP business, not Vista!

Thanks for trying

raulsaraiva
Visitor

Still here, problem not solved.

I now wonder if the problem has nothing to do with any of the individual files of the driver. As far as I can see (under driver details in device manager) the driver has 16 files, all stored under C:\WINDOWS\system32:
...\drivers\ks.sys
...\DRIVERS\Mvc25U870.sys
...\dshowext.ax
...\iyuv_32.dll
...\ksproxy.ax
...\kstvtune.ax
...\ksuser.dll
...\kswdmcap.ax
...\ksxbar.ax
...\msh263.drv
...\msyuv.dll
...\Mv25U870Prp.ax
...\Mvc25U870.inf
...\tsbyuv.dll
...\vfwwdm32.dll
...\vidcap.ax

I don’t know if any of these files is misplaced or if there’s any missing (or even if one of them is broken). Could anyone please send/post the individual files of the driver and their supposed location so that I can manually check if everything is in order? I need someone who owns a SZ for that, I reckon, but if anyone else has any of these in other vaio's please post them as well, one never knows!

Thanks a lot.