Join now - be part of our community!

New VAIO, no InstantON

gelut
Visitor

New VAIO, no InstantON

Hi

I'm new here and I can't find a way to search these forums.

Probably a dumb question ...

I've bought a VAIO FW 21E a couple of weeks ago. Everything great except for the Instant On mode (AV mode without loading vista) which is not working, it never had.

Just recently I had some time to research into this but found no answer specific to my problem (usually people complain about this when reinstalling Vista and loose VAIO software, my vaio is out of the box)

AV mode is working properly when the computer is on but not when it's shut down

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Gelu

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gelu,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

AV mode is different from instant on..

Pressing the AV mode button varies somewhat on some models it simply powers up your Vaio and after booting Windows launches the AV mode software allowing you to choose the media you want to playback..

As far as I am aware this only works when you are using AC power..

On other models in only works once Windows is loaded..

I'm new here and I can't find a way to search these forums.

use the following link to view Blencogo's reply in a similar thread: Is there a search facility on the forum ?

gelut
Visitor

Hi there

Thanks for the tip. I used Google for searching the site :slight_smile:

Re Instant ON, it apears that not all models have this function. Mine does nothing when I press the button if the computer is off. I'll check the specs to see if it should have it or not :slight_frown:

Cheers

Gelu

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gelu,

it states in the FW manual that AV mode button simply launches the Vaio launcher for selecting the desired launcher, there is no mention of the button actually booting up your Vaio.. :slight_frown:

As I stated above the behaviour of the “AV Mode” button does vary depending between the different VAIO series...

Edit: I checked the FW in my local Sony Centre and the AV mode only works once your Vaio has booted up windows Vista..