Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Vista Ultimate extras (dreamscene) on new Vaio AW11XU

profile.country.en_GB.title
giodeflo9
Visitor

Problem with Vista Ultimate extras (dreamscene) on new Vaio AW11XU

Hi everyone,

I have just got a fantastic new Vaio AW 11XU which is superfast, has an amazing display and a lovely sound too thanks to a subwoofer. It is the best laptop I've ever seen!
I have only a small problem: I installed with Windows Update the extra (only available for Vista Ultimate) Dreamscene which allows to have videos as desktop wallpapers, the so called "dreams".
The installation was successful but when i tried to select one of the dreams which came with Dreamscene, the computer became unresponsive and explorer restarted, then i had an error notification saying that dreamscene encountered an error and explorer had to restart. The wallpaper changed to a solid color one.
I tried to recover the machine wih the recovery discs to see whether some programs i had was conflicting with dreamscene; But once i recovered the macine and reinstalled dreamscene i had the exact same error, therefore dreamscene doesn;t work with the native configuration of this machine; this is strange because dreamscene should work fine with Vista ultimate.
Can anyone help me please, have you ever had this problem?

Apart from this absolutely love this laptop

thanks in advance for your time

Gio'

1 REPLY 1
VAIOWoman
Visitor

Hello, I too had a go with Dream Scene out of curiosity really and at first it worked well, uttilI decided to download more and then found if I selected any other than the original I had tried, my lappie would just shut down! So in the end I decided just not to go there as it was not important to me and uninstalled it! Quite a few of my friends also found the same issues so looks like they have a bit to go before it works correctly! Sorry I can't help but maybe the issues have been resolved by now as it was a couple of months ago!