Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

Do you have a popup window with a message "Please connect to the Internet to download the latest version of My Club VAIO", if so, Sony have released a My Club VAIO patch version 1.0.

This patch improves compatibility with Windows Vista and fixes some bugs found in the My Club VAIO application.

There were a few issues with permissions in Vista during the installation, which caused the My Club VAIO application to be fired up after each reboot of the machine. This patch will reinstall the My Club VAIO application and make sure all permissions are set correctly.

To successfully install this patch, you will need Windows Vista, Internet Explorer, and an internet connection. The My Club VAIO application should also be installed on your system.

Before you install this patch, please make sure the My Club VAIO application is closed.

Click here to install the patch (version 1.0).

Click here if you need help or have problems installing the patch.

33 REPLIES 33
Scotjimland
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with my connection to the Sony site, I cannot download anything from the site, I have no problems with any other site, just Sony.
I've checked the firewall, VAIO media is ticked ..

here is the message when I try your Sony link

Connection Interrupted
The document contains no data.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.
Please try again.

Jim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jim,

have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and then trying to download the file again. :thinking:

Scotjimland
Visitor

Hi Jim,

have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and then trying to download the file again. :thinking:

Hi

Problem resolved with the help of Sony support..

I had uninstalled the Norton trial software supplied with the machine and installed AVG , apparantly parts of the Norton program which hadn't been removed by Windows uninstall were stopping the connection to Sony

Solution was to download the Norton removal tool from Norton and run, after doing this I could download the Sony updates.

Thanks for all the help and advice,

top marks to Sony support :slight_smile:

Jim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Problem resolved with the help of Sony support..

I had uninstalled the Norton trial software supplied with the machine and installed AVG , apparantly parts of the Norton program which hadn't been removed by Windows uninstall were stopping the connection to Sony

Ah good old Norton... :beat_up:

Glad you've solved the update problem now..