Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

Do you have a popup window with a message "Please connect to the Internet to download the latest version of My Club VAIO", if so, Sony have released a My Club VAIO patch version 1.0.

This patch improves compatibility with Windows Vista and fixes some bugs found in the My Club VAIO application.

There were a few issues with permissions in Vista during the installation, which caused the My Club VAIO application to be fired up after each reboot of the machine. This patch will reinstall the My Club VAIO application and make sure all permissions are set correctly.

To successfully install this patch, you will need Windows Vista, Internet Explorer, and an internet connection. The My Club VAIO application should also be installed on your system.

Before you install this patch, please make sure the My Club VAIO application is closed.

Click here to install the patch (version 1.0).

Click here if you need help or have problems installing the patch.

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad I could help Mike and welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

nutty.neno
Visitor

HI all make sure you download and install the patch with internet explorer as it dont work with firefox etc hope this helps everyone it worked for me.

Neno

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

HI all make sure you download and install the patch with internet explorer as it dont work with firefox etc hope this helps everyone it worked for me.

Neno

Thanks for the info Neno.. :slight_smile:

Tekno_Fobe
Visitor

If you receive the following error message "Access violation at address 0066DC75 in module "SyncApp.exe". Read of address 00000000" goto Task Manager and end the SyncApp.exe process.

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Sony\MyClubVAIO and rename the SyncApp.exe to SyncApp_bak.exe

Double Click the "My Club VAIO" shortcut on the desktop and all should be fine.

I have had my new VGN-BX61VN for only 3 hours and this issue really annoyed me, so drastic action was called for either uninstall the whole application or bypass SyncApp.exe, so I chose the latter first and it appears to work.

I also tried the patch but to no avail.

kodlum
Visitor

Hi my first post
I got my VGN-NR38M last week and had this problem within a few hours.
I ran the patch and MyClubVAIO worked again untill a "Sync Complete box popped up and then went back to a white box.
I renamed the file as above but that did not work so I deleted the shortcut and made a new one from the file
C:/programdata/sony/new_myclubVAIO.exe and that as worked ok now for a day.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tekno_Fobe & kodlum,

welcome to Club VAIO..

Thanks for the info.. :slight_smile:

Scotjimland
Visitor

I cannot download Vaio update version 4 ..

It launches, says it's downloading, white box pops up says , 'do you want to resume download', I press 'yes' then it quits.. it will repeat this ver and over but no download.

Laptop has been reformatted back to factory settings, I have reported this issue and have a ticket, followed all the advice, but still no solution.. and no updates.. :slight_frown:

Jim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jim,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you tried going to the C:\Update folder that should contain the Vaio-update 4.0 installation file EP0000162592.exe (the name may be slightly different)..

Then run the set-up.exe file.. :thinking:

Scotjimland
Visitor

Hi
Thanks
I found the folder and the file, but it is empty , 0kb

Jim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 
Thanks
I found the folder and the file, but it is empty , 0kb

Jim

Hi Jim,

if you have the folder was named EP0000162592 in C:\Update then you can use the following link to download the Vaio Update 4.0 installation file: EP0000162592.exe