Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

My Club Vaio not loading (white box)

Do you have a popup window with a message "Please connect to the Internet to download the latest version of My Club VAIO", if so, Sony have released a My Club VAIO patch version 1.0.

This patch improves compatibility with Windows Vista and fixes some bugs found in the My Club VAIO application.

There were a few issues with permissions in Vista during the installation, which caused the My Club VAIO application to be fired up after each reboot of the machine. This patch will reinstall the My Club VAIO application and make sure all permissions are set correctly.

To successfully install this patch, you will need Windows Vista, Internet Explorer, and an internet connection. The My Club VAIO application should also be installed on your system.

Before you install this patch, please make sure the My Club VAIO application is closed.

Click here to install the patch (version 1.0).

Click here if you need help or have problems installing the patch.

33 REPLIES 33
wilson.jamie
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I get a problem with Club Vaio that it tells me that a synch app problem exists when I try to synchronize. Please help - I have installed the new update but still same problem exists.

I have a SZ-series laptop and it worked fine after re-installing last few times, this time it seems to have gone a little screwy....

Thanks in advance

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi wilson.jamie,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have you tried restarting your Vaio and running the My Club Vaio fix again as sometimes this has worked for other members..?

wilson.jamie
Visitor

Yes, done that. Actually tried to reinstall the update a few times now but it does not seem to work. Same thing that it is referencing a unknown memory something or other in synchapp.exe??????

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi J

Have you tried temporarily disabling your Firewall and trying to install the My Club Vaio patch again.. :thinking:

If that does not help, try a system restore to a point before you installed the My Club VAIO patch version 1.0..

Unfortunately, as we have seen before in the past, sometimes the only way to resolve the problem is to run the Vaio recovery utility and restore your Vaio back to the original factory settings.. :slight_frown:

If you decide to do this make sure you back up all your important data first.. :wink:

wilson.jamie
Visitor

Thanks T, I shall give it a go.

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

LOL you're welcome.. :slight_smile:

ichbinesderelch
Visitor

hi, i have the same problem with windows xp, i can't open the update page through the symbol in the taskbar because of that problem and same shows up when i open my club vaio program!

drift
Visitor

im not getting very far with this issue when i click the link i just get an error message saying in need to be connected to the internet ????

its doing my head in all the vista bugs and things not working properly. a few of the updates dont work infact.does this mean i just have to put up with it ?? surely not.

this is a brand new laptop and it runs like something your school had in 1989 !!!

grrr :slight_frown:

Mano10000
New

Every so ofter (without me starting it) a "My club Vaio" white box suddenly appears in the middle of my screen with nothing in it, except it blocks out everything else! I have tried to download the patch, but I always get a message from my Vaio to say couldn't download because files are missing and to contact the software vendor.

Amazed all this has been released with so many bugs. It is very frustrating...