Join now - be part of our community!

vaio SZ 3HP, completely formatted and recovery partition deleted. recovery dvd corrupted too

harryputter
Visitor

vaio SZ 3HP, completely formatted and recovery partition deleted. recovery dvd corrupted too

Dear friends please help me here.

My recovery disk got corrupted and while recovering the pc deleted all but could not complete the installation.
i had to install windows xp from a different cd and get an operating system. i then used the drivers folder in the corrupted recovery disk and most of the things on the notebook are now working.

however the stamina speed button and s1 and s2 shortcut buttons are not functioning. can you please help me with the driver and the utility software for this.

Also can i get the win dvd for VAIO software.

please help.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi harryputter,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Are you sure your Vaio's hidden HDD recovery partition recovery partition has been deleted.?

You can check this by clicking Start then click Control panel.

In Control Panel click on Performance and Maintenance, then click on Administrative Tools and finally click on Computer Management..

A new window should open click on Disk Management and maximise the window .

You should see Recovery Partition, C and D partitions.

If the recovery partition is still present Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

If that does not work and if you have not created a set of recovery disc's, then you will have to contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's. You can find vaio-link contact details HERE