Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FZ21M power problem HELP HELP

profile.country.en_GB.title
saikamma
Explorer

VAIO FZ21M power problem HELP HELP

hi,

My vaio fz21m, doesnt recharged the battery.. it shows that the battery light is blinking, but if I try to remove the battery and just connect the ac adapter, then vaio doesnt turn on. but when the battery is plugged, it recharges and after sometime, the battery drains the power and the vaio shuts down. this is happening only since yesterday. currently i have only 1% battery life left. from 40% it drained within 10 mins. this is unbelievable please suggest a resolution.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If it will not run on the AC Adapter alone, this points to either a faulty AC Adapter or a powerboard failure inside the Vaio.

You are using a 19.5V 4.7A adapter?
Are you using the the original Sony Operating System and Driver Pack?

Can you try someone else's AC Adapter to see if yours is faulty.

:thinking:

saikamma
Explorer

If it will not run on the AC Adapter alone, this points to either a faulty AC Adapter or a powerboard failure inside the Vaio.

You are using a 19.5V 4.7A adapter?
Are you using the the original Sony Operating System and Driver Pack?

Can you try someone else's AC Adapter to see if yours is faulty.

:thinking:

My early troubleshooting techniques has pointed me into the direction of the powerboard inside vaio. I tried the following

1) My vaio + my vaio battery + my AC adapter = power drains
2) my vaio + my fren battery + my ac adapter = power drains
3) my vaio + my fren battery + my fren adptr = power drains
4) fren vaio + my vaio batry + my ac adapter = no problem
5) fren vaio + frens battery + my ac adapter = no problem

but the funny part is that in technique (1) if I dont power up the laptop and keep it for charging. the battery gets charged. say after 2 hrs if I power up my vaio, it powers up and it doesnt retain the charge, slowly the charge drains and vaio shuts down. and as already told it doesnt work directly by the ac adapter.

IF ITS THE POWERBOARD ISSUE, then how long does it take if I send it to the service center? Do I have to backup my files, format the comp to factory settings and then send it? The problem is that if it cannot stay on longer, then how can I backup all the files that I have on my PC?.

This is annonyingy and irritatingly strange :thinking: !!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sounds like you need to contact Sony Support on Monday here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&cc=fr_CH

They will advise you on turnaround times and other details.

Sony will not guarantee your data will be retained. If you have important data on the hard disc, I suggest you buy an inexpensive caddy and remove your hard disc. You can then connect the caddy to another PC and copy from the hard disc.

Just make sure you buy a SATA caddy like this one: -

2.5 inch SATA USB Caddy

:wink:

saikamma
Explorer

Sounds like you need to contact Sony Support on Monday here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&cc=fr_CH

They will advise you on turnaround times and other details.

Sony will not guarantee your data will be retained. If you have important data on the hard disc, I suggest you buy an inexpensive caddy and remove your hard disc. You can then connect the caddy to another PC and copy from the hard disc.

Just make sure you buy a SATA caddy like this one: -

2.5 inch SATA USB Caddy

:wink:

Thanks for your response. I've never heard of "A CADDY" before, however, I googled it and knew what it is. Its a good experiment. Ironically, yesterday I was planning to backup my data, but within a couple of minutes it started this problem.

Thanks once again.