Join now - be part of our community!

updates for VGN A115Z

softy612
Visitor

updates for VGN A115Z

Hello,

I have a VGN A 115Z and had no problem with it till about 2 weeks abo when it got a trojan virus and severy affected its performance.

I had to use the recovery disc. It works perfectly now. However, the update icon appears in the task bar- when I click on it - takes me to the vaio support website which lists the updates for the applications, BIOS and various drivers.

3 questions:

1) Why are these not getting downloaded automatically. I remember - that used to be the case when I bought it initially- I had to install only a few manually. by the way I have version 2 of the vaio update installed at the moment.

2) Do I necessarily have to install the updates? I mean what If I dont?

3) whats the best way to download them but not have too much clutter on the computer. After using my laptop for a couple of years- I realize there was a lot of clutter - and now its back to it original fame.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi softy612 and welcome.

Microsoft Updates can be configured to update automatically but Vaio updates just advise you that updates are available for you to download manually.

I would install ALL Microsoft and ALL Vaio Updates - not keeping your Vaio fully patched may have allowed the Trojan to invade in the first place.

:slight_frown: