Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Problems with VISTA and Games! HELP

ciprinel2006
Visitor

Sony Vaio Problems with VISTA and Games! HELP

I have 2 laptops: 1st: Sony Vaio VGN FZ21M preety good laptop look at specs, and 2nd that i just bought a Sony Vaio VGN AR61ZU high performance 2.4 ghz 4 gb ram 512mb video etc, on the fz21m when i had vista and installed fifa2008 it didn't work with the lowest configuration, on xp it works on highest configuration without any frame or anything it just works perfect, on the ar61zu i have vista i installed fifa 2008 and it's the same thing like on the other. A friend has a Samsung 2.0 ghx 3 gb ram 128 mb video much lower than the both models on vista the fifa 2008 works great without any problems! My question is: What is wrong with my 2 vaio ?

Why can't i play games on them if i keep vista? On XP it works all games without any problem on the fz21m but on the ar61zu i can't put xp because the smart guys from sony signed the contract with microsoft do not produce any drivers for xp for the new models! Please help me and tell me what can i do!

4 REPLIES 4
Shay6anUSA
Visitor

hi i have the same model as you do VGN-FZ21M i have call of duty 4 on this thing and it runs real good :grin: what you can try and do is UPDATE your graphics card driver Install the latest ones from Nvdia and Direct X 9 or 10 i think it should work fine after. good luck

ciprinel2006
Visitor

Where can i find the nvidia drivers and the directx 10 ? Doest anyone know what is going on with the ar61zu ? The games simply don't work on vista.

Shay6anUSA
Visitor

this is for the vgn-fz21m graphics card driver update go here ======> http://www.nvidia.com/

Direct x10 is with it.

about your ar61zu i dont know any thing about it sorry. try doing the same thing in updating your graphics card to the latest ones depends on your graphics card make and model ... good luck

ciprinel2006
Visitor

I couldn't find drivers on nvidia.com neither for fz21m or ar61zu cannot find the driver model in there and if you download for the 8 series it doesn't work!