Join now - be part of our community!

Regular Programme Guide Corruption

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

Regular Programme Guide Corruption

Hey all,

I'm finding in spates that i'll try browsing the programme guide or requesting programme information (the i option), and MCE 2005 on XP SP3 will crash, and generate a crash report. Quite often this activity will go away, and i'll have several weeks of hassle free recording.

I tend to restart MCE, download a fresh guide, and before browsing the guide, i reboot, by which time the guide seems stable enough, but this latest time it's not having it.

I then tried the FIXMCE registry hack, which unregisters then reregisters each service, but find that stalls on the EHMSAS service.

I've uninstalled Channel4 on Demand and BBC Iplayer, but also notice that Adobe Flash Player 10, and newer versions of .NET framework have appeared. I wonder whether either of these need uninstalling, and i simply run with an older more compatible version of .NET for example, perhaps v1.1 ??

I could also upgrade the RAM and install Vista, but is it still true that there is much in it with stability between the two O/Ss?

The wife is starting to consider a HDD PVR, which i tend to agree with, to increase dependability. You may see a cheap XL201 appear on Ebay before long! 😞

Cheers, Tony

1 REPLY 1
ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

Update: last night i used the tool "MCE Configuration Reset" to remove my recordings schedule and guide listing and force MCE to run through setup on first launch.

I also used MCEDLTimeEditor to force the daily guide updates to occur outside a window when i'm normally watching or recording TV.

All seems well so far, but i'll bet the guide will corrupt again causing the MCE crashes. 😞