Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for the patch to decrease the noise of the fan (PCV-LX1)

robert81679
Visitor

Looking for the patch to decrease the noise of the fan (PCV-LX1)

This PCV-LX1 was initially running Windows Millenium; one day I had to re-install everything using the restore CDs. At that time, I noticed that the fan would run at the maximum speed all the time, just after I had performed this re-installation. I then found a patch on the VAIO support web site which put the fan back to normal operations.
Later on I did replace this OS with XP, added some memory, and remained happy for quite some time. I eventually decided to purchase a new one and started re-building the LX1 to make a gift to somebody.
The fan is now running at its maximum speed, very noisy. I tried to re-apply the patch but the system tells me that the patch only run on Windows Me.
I could start from scratch and apply the patch before upgrading to XP, but I am trying to save me a couple of hours.
Is there a patch somewhere that works on XP?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi robert81679,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what you've installed but there are some XP updates listed for your LX1, one of which is listed as Fan Controller..

Use the following link to view: XP updates

robert81679
Visitor

Thank you so much. I must have missed it the first time I went there.
I downloaded the patch and am getting the following message when I try to install it from XP: " this program cannot run under protected mode; make a "boot" disk". I do not have a floppy disk on this PC, just a CD. How can I proceed?
I did it 3 years ago but I completely forgot how!

Hi robert81679,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what you've installed but there are some XP updates listed for your LX1, one of which is listed as Fan Controller..

Use the following link to view: XP updates