Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEMS WITH DRIVERS AND UTILITIES ON VGN-BX61MN...PLS HELP!

OmvrajoN
Visitor

PROBLEMS WITH DRIVERS AND UTILITIES ON VGN-BX61MN...PLS HELP!

I recently dwngraded my laptop from vista to xp...but it seems that the rar archives for the drivers and utilities for Xp I found here (support/drivers...) are broken...and I just cannot find them anywhere else.
I managed to track only the audio driver and the video driver but that's all. Maybe some of you have same model and have the drivers and utilities or found the somewhere else and can help me.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi OmvrajoN and welcome to Club Vaio.

Which driver downloads do you think are broken?

Have you tried the official Sony Vaio downgrade? If you go to this site: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/os/xp/downgrade/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=3096

and enter your serial number, you will be taken to the official Sony site with ALL the Drivers and Utilities required for downgrading the BX61 to XP.

:wink:

OmvrajoN
Visitor

yes I know and I did thata...but after I download them is the problem.

when i try to extract them with winrar it appears an error ( "unexpected end of archive ") 😞

i tryied dowloading them separately ...not the full package but even so most of them have the same problem

i dnno what to do 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried extracting them with Windows? I have just tried it with your files and it seems to work OK.

Right-Click on the download and choose "Extract All" and choose to extract to C:\

Most will have a Setup.EXE

If they only have an .INF you will havew to install them from Device Manager.

:thinking:

OmvrajoN
Visitor

Believe me I tryied every kind of download possible and every kind of extracting...I tryed dowloading and extracting even on other computers...but the same problem.
The only tought that goes to my mind is that the archives have different sources depending on the ip you have (country). I tryed the link you gave me...and that is from the GB and even so it doesn't work for me meaning that it redirected me to another source different from yours I think.

If you say they work for you...can you please try uploading them somewhere if you can ...so I can try downloading them.

...and about the way I should install them...believe me I know the steps by heart( now you can realize how many time I tyed downloading them :slight_frown: )

Thank you!