Join now - be part of our community!

DROP BOX

benjamin77
Visitor

DROP BOX

Hi,
Someone suggested i download this program which I wasn't sure about , I did but after about half way changed my mind. problem is now whenever i log in half the drop box is there like an icon i can drag across the screen, can't seem to get rid of it except by closing the box in the icons at bottom of screen. please can anyone advice me how i can stop this appearing whenever i log in?

cheers

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi benjamin77,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

1) Have you checked if you are able to uninstall drop box via Uninstall a Program.?

Click start then click on Control Panel

In Control Panel..

If you have Control Panel Home enabled..

Just below the word Programs click on Uninstall a Program

If you have Classic View enabled

Double click on Programs and Features

Select the Dropbox from the list, then click Uninstall and the follow the instructions..

2. Are you able to stop dropbox from starting via System Configuration.?

Press the windows key+R to open the Run box type msconfig and press OK

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In the System config window select the start-up tab..

If dropbox is listed remove the tick to disable the program from starting, press Apply and restart your vaio..

You may get a pop-up window stating "System Configuration Utility you are using the selective startup for troubleshooting your system"..

To stop the window from appearing place a tick in don't show this window again and select OK..

3. Alternatively have you tried running system restore to the point before you installed the update.?

Use the following link for a guide on the procedure: System Restore: frequently asked questions