Join now - be part of our community!

can't get my webcam to work

kinhellpaul
Visitor

can't get my webcam to work

I recently bought a desktop LN1M with Vista.

The webcam worked with Skype immediately on day of testing. I updated system with Office 2007, iTunes..

I tried to use it today, but there is no connection to the camera. Through Skype - the camera cannot be seen / acknowledged and there is a blank screen asking for a 'bluetooth' device.

Blogs say I need to find the imaging device through device manager and update it, however, I cannot find this - it is no there.

I accessed ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2 and tried to capture a picture that way, but the same problem and it says there is no connection to the camera.

All very frustrating. Can someone please help. I'm not very technical and I've been on this for several hoursnow...

Please and thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kinhellpaul and welcome to Club Vaio.

It sounds like the camera is not installed any more.

Unfortunately, I do not know your model or what camera is fitted so this advice will be vague!

Navigate to C:\Drivers or if that does not exist, C:\Windows\Drivers and see if there is a folder called 'Camera' with the camera driver in. You can usually install the driver by double-clicking on the setup.exe file or sometimes the DPInst32.exe file.

If you can't find the camera driver, come back and we will try to find it - although it is not available for download with your other drivers.

:thinking: