Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Wireless Mouse VGP-BMS30: pointer does not move

jmetillon
Visitor

Bluetooth Wireless Mouse VGP-BMS30: pointer does not move

Hi,

I bought a Vaio Bluetooth Wireless Mouse VGP-BMS30 with my VGN-TX3XP/B two years ago. I never really used it as it was a pain to use under Linux.

Now I'm back to Windows XP (Professional SP2) and I want my mouse. So I used the Add New Connection Wizard from the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba, as described in the BMS30 manual. It was correctly found after setting the switch to ON and pressing CONNECT.

The official manual can be found here: <a href="ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Accessories/Input/BMS30.pdf" target="_blank">ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Accessories/Input/BMS30.pdf</a>

The mouse is connected to the laptop. Left and right clicks work. Scrolling works too. Even third button works (pressing the scroll wheel).

But the pointer does not move when I move the mouse.

This problem is listed in the troubleshooting guide from the manual. And it suggests:
  • Processing performed by Windows or other software may temporarily disable the mouse. Wait a few moments for the processing to finish before using the mouse.
  • You may find some useful solutions in your notebook's operating instructions. Refer to the manuals provided with your notebook.
Of course, that does not help.

And it also suggests:
  • The mouse batteries are exhausted.
  • The mouse is not to ON.
  • The mouse and your notebook are not communicating.
  • The mouse is being used on an unsuitable surface.
Every point checked, everything is OK.

So, can someone help me find out why the pointer is not moving when I move my BMS30?

Many thanks!

!http://www.techshout.com/images/sony-vgpbms30-mouse.jpg|src=http://www.techshout.com/images/sony-vgpbms30-mouse.jpg|border=0!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
woodseaves
New

Hi,
It is so annoying when you don't get any replies, however, I am experiencing a similar problem with my VGPBMS33/B Bluetooth mouse. Sometimes it works perfectly then it doesn't work at all. Did you ever figure out the problem? My Laptop is a VGNFZ31M.

Regards

h22o
Visitor

With me it doen't work under Vista... grrrr

jmetillon
Visitor

Did you ever figure out the problem?

Hi Billet. No I did not.

it doesn't work under Vista

Thanks for the notice h22o.

So it looks like I'm not the only one encountering this issue, and it's affecting XP and Vista.

Any ppl from Vaio here who can solve this, or at least help us debug? Thanks.

jmetillon
Visitor

Hi Vaio users. Happy New Year!

I've reinstalled my TX to factory settings using recovery discs. Then updated Windows XP to SP3.

I connected the mouse using the Bluetooth Manager from the system tray. And this time it works: moving the mouse, left, right and third clicks, scroll wheel.

So my issue had to do with the Bluetooth stack and/or the Windows updates, the mouse is ok.

Thanks for reading me.