Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S Battery Issue - Power Meter says Battery Not Present!

prednisolon
Visitor

AR21S Battery Issue - Power Meter says Battery Not Present!

I have a vaio ar21s. its working fine on AC power, but will not run off battery. When I am on AC power I go to Control Panel/Power Options/Power Meter and it indicates that no battery is present. I have tried reseating the battery many times with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions that I might try. The computer is 10 months old and the battery was working fine a few days ago.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi prednisolon and welcome,

You could be unlucky and have your battery fail after 10 months. Unfortunately the warranty is only for 6 months.

However, there could be other problems with the battery software. Probably the best way forward is to go to a Sony Centre or PC World and ask if you can borrow a working battery for 10 minutes and try it in your Vaio.

If the replacement works, you will have to buy a new battery - but if the replacement does not work, contact Sony Support and claim for the repair under your 12 month laptop warranty.

:wink:

jimboz1
Visitor

Hi Prednisolon,

Did you find a solution to your problem? It has happened to my 13 month old £279 long life battery that i bought from Sony style. I am very disappointed given teh amount I paid for teh battery. The most annoying thing is that I dont know how long I have had the defect for as my laptop normally stays in a docking station attached to the mains and it was only teh other day that I needed to undock only to find that my battery was totally dead (or not responding).

James