Join now - be part of our community!

Need help using the x10 camera

SOLVED
Not applicable

Need help using the x10 camera

Please excuse my noobiness, im pretty new to androids and such. When using the xperia's camera i thought it was simple as just to press the camera button to take a picture, i was sadly mistaken. So i tried holding it down and still no go. I tried different varations of pressing and holding down the button. I also changed the settings, like the focus, etc. Only thing that works is the touch capture, but I'm not satisfied with just that. Can somebody please assist me? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Assuming you have the Big X10 rather than mini... the settings I have on the stock app are

Capturing Mode.... Normal

Resolutuin.............8m

Scenes.................Normal

Focus Mode..........Single Autofocus

You have to push the button quite firmly and pause for a moment but other than that its straightforward.

I also have an app called Vignette which you can try for free, and that uses the button or the screen so maybe give that a go too.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable

sounds like you have autofoucus on turn that off then your camera sould take pic's as soon as you hit the button, i just use mine in auto and turn the flash on/off by touching the corner icon and get good pics pendining on the light ofcoarse.

Not applicable

Well i put it on macro, nothing. I put it on infinity, nothing. When i try to take a picture with macro and i hold it until it turns green, i let go and nothing happens. I used a camera before and usually thats when it should take a picture. I'm pretty sure the button works, because one time i was tapping the button in different patterns like crazy and i actually got a picture lol

Edit: I also just noticed i can't even take a video with the camera button, only the touch capture works.

Not applicable

have you tried it in good light maybe it's that???? defo sounds like a settings problem than a fault with the phone i had a old sony ericsson phone that was like that but sorry can't remember what setting i changed to solve it maybe someone else can tell you later

Not applicable

My room is pretty well lit, i also tried it this morning when it was sunny. Do you mind telling me what settings you have it on? maybe if i replicate it, it might work?

Not applicable

i have the x10mini and only the default setting options that are pre installed and the only settings i can find are geo tag on/off sorry, also do you have any camera apps installed have you tried uninstalling it if so you can always download it again. what phone do you have?

Not applicable

I don't have any camera apps atm, i have the xperia x10.

Not applicable

try here sony support

i still think it's your focus settings

suze
Leader

Assuming you have the Big X10 rather than mini... the settings I have on the stock app are

Capturing Mode.... Normal

Resolutuin.............8m

Scenes.................Normal

Focus Mode..........Single Autofocus

You have to push the button quite firmly and pause for a moment but other than that its straightforward.

I also have an app called Vignette which you can try for free, and that uses the button or the screen so maybe give that a go too.

Let us know how you get on.

Not applicable

I reset all my settings to default (to make sure). Capturing mode is on normal (there is normal, scene recognition, smile detection, and touch capture). Resolution is on 8MP 4:3 (there is 6MP 16:9, 2MP 4:3, 2MP 16:9). Scenes is on normal ( about like 9 scenes, i won't list them all). Focus mode is currently on Marco (there is single auto focus, multi auto focus, face detection, and infinity). I'll be googling more about this, it looks like im about the only one with this problem, I'll fool around more with the settings later. I need to sleep Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes