Join now - be part of our community!

Enabled Live TV & Catchup disabled on remote TV button shortcut

profile.country.GB.title
dani996
Explorer

Enabled Live TV & Catchup disabled on remote TV button shortcut

Hi I have a TV button shortcut on my A90k bravia remote and it’s linked to the youview live tv and catch up, when I press it now it says “Feature not available because this app is disabled”, I have been through the settings and made sure the app is enabled and works if manually selected but it still tells me it is unable because it is disabled through the remote. The button works when ported to the other digital tv app but not youview, would really like this to be working correctly. I can possibly factory reset but would not like to set up all again leaving this message so hopefully Sony may see this because i feel it is an update issue it worked before for me but has since stopped working, thanks any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Utter Tat

Next time I purchase a TV I wont smoozed by Salesman probably on backhanders. Better to stick with Currys

This lot cannot even do an update without affecting other stuff. What do the geeks do in Testing ? Pressure from above to say everything is ok knowing it’s the customer whom will suffer in my opinion I think so

Put the below on Trust Pilot

I suffer from Mental Health Issues and find this kind of shoddy amateurism triggering

Geeks are put under pressure to tell bean counters that everything is ok because scared to tell truth , forget spending 2k next time £500 will do with no hassle

Trustpilot

Utter Tat

Next time I purchase a TV I wont smoozed by Salesman probably on backhanders. Better to stick with Currys

This lot cannot even do an update without affecting other stuff. What do the geeks do in Testing ? Pressure from above to say everything is ok knowing it’s the customer whom will suffer in my opinion I think so

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Goodness me, what a reaction for a very small bug that is a little irritating and can be overcome by pressing the input button on the remote control and selecting YouView & Catchup TV from the icons at the bottom of the screen.

Yes the update could have been properly scrutinised before release, but Sony have acknowledged their

mistake and are in the process of fixing it.

profile.country.GB.title
Albro27
Explorer

We have had our Sony TV for several months now and it has a great picture and great sound which does not require a soundbar which saves useful space. We have never regretted spending the extra money and this is the first time we have encountered a problem caused by Sony. Yes, it's poor testing but even my car has software bugs - at least one of which has never been fixed after years. Hopefully Sony will fix this.

profile.country.GB.title
Albro27
Explorer

The failure of the TV button on the remote to launch the Catchup TV isn't the only issue related to this bug. If one uses the number buttons to change channels or the guide button they also fail with the same error!

profile.country.GB.title
smarthaus
New

It might be easy for you, however, there are a lot of elderly and people with learning difficulties who only know one way to control their TV. The fact that this has impacted the main function of so many models is astonishing.

Like someone else wrote, companies don't care about user experience these days. If only they spent as much on UX and software testing, as they did on marketing gimmicks, they would make their customers a lot happier with the large amounts of money they've paid.

profile.country.GB.title
Albro27
Explorer

If the other TVs are anything like mine I'd be really quite surprised that anyone who used only one way to control their TV could manage a device with so much functionality, much of which is challenging to use because the interface is simply not intuitive. 
I am in my 70s but worked in IT related functions. I find the interfaces on any TV I have used pretty exasperating and if you are correct, then there might be an opportunity for a 'simple' TV just as there is for simple mobile phones.
A friend once said of his car that he found menu options once and never managed to find them again. I believe that could probably be said of many modern devices.

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Daveyh64

what an uncaring pompous self righteous attitude - my goodness

As a later post states many elderly people struggle. Thats not to mention people like I whom suffer from debiltating mental health issues (that lead to my `overreactions a a when spending over 2k on a company that cannot even do basic testing) 

This is a community for helping people, if you have any help please give freely - it would be appreciated

This is not a community for belittling point scoring and exacerbating the Mental Health of those already struggling 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Uncaring pompous self righteous attitude, you seem to be ticking the boxes there.

As for help then I did point out that there is a work around mentioned in the Sony link that was posted by another contributor earlier. There are often more ways than one to launch YouView & Catchup.

As for belittling point scoring, isn't that what you are doing.

This is my right of reply.

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

And his is my right of reply.

And this is my right of reply.

Repeating what someone else has said is a poorly constructed argument.

Help - I have been using that work around since Monday but thank you for pointing out. However because of my serious Mental Health issues I expect to be able for £2k plus to able to use facilities that have been properly tested by a billion $  corp and certainly with out mockery from others. Mental health is evil and debilitating and should not be made worse by mockery, disagree fine - belittle no.

My post does not belittle you or point score just points out the hidden disabilities some people cope with and just so you are aware I was in hospital 2 weeks ago tomorrow after a mental health episodes

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Sony Press

Press,

I am at the end of my tether

I suffer from serious mental health issues that are being exacerbated by Sony shutting me down, this despite my paying 2k up front and in good faith

How can this be so ? How can you ignore me after taking 2k ?

Please be advised I am starting a campaign of legally discrediting Sony

Also I will be lodging documents with my lawyer as to who is to blame should my MH become unmanageable

I will try posting on your community for all the good that will do when your apologists start attacking me

Sincerely

Mr C.F.Evans