Join now - be part of our community!

Enabled Live TV & Catchup disabled on remote TV button shortcut

profile.country.GB.title
dani996
Explorer

Enabled Live TV & Catchup disabled on remote TV button shortcut

Hi I have a TV button shortcut on my A90k bravia remote and it’s linked to the youview live tv and catch up, when I press it now it says “Feature not available because this app is disabled”, I have been through the settings and made sure the app is enabled and works if manually selected but it still tells me it is unable because it is disabled through the remote. The button works when ported to the other digital tv app but not youview, would really like this to be working correctly. I can possibly factory reset but would not like to set up all again leaving this message so hopefully Sony may see this because i feel it is an update issue it worked before for me but has since stopped working, thanks any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
CraigJ
Explorer

Dear All.

I can see that this issue is causing a major problem for some people.

Please remember that ALL of the bugs mentioned can be instantly rectified by carrying out a factory reset then setting the tv back up again. All functionality returns to normal so if you don't want to  wait for the software fix to come out in due course from Sony then a fix is already available to you now.

It will take about half an hour of your time.

After working in the TV trade for over 30 years believe me an issue like this is not unique to Sony. All manufacturers experience issue like this from time to time. I do not work for Sony and have no vested interest other than I install a lot of them. I believe that Sony will get this sorted. ASAP.

Buying from a trusted independent local retailer  is a great advantage. They are always on hand to help. 

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Craig j

Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Sadly it is not an option for me due to MH issues and would take me a lot longer than 30 mins - techy things always do. 

I used to use the TV button for going back in time on catch up - so easy. Thanks to Sony it is now easier to go to catch up via home button OR on my remote have found the guide now on a button with a square and four lines and one going up the first two lines (below CH +/- above Netflix)

9 days it has been like this - if Sony were serious they would have fixed it - Sony are not interested

funny you mention other makes suffering the same, I had already decided next time to buy a much cheaper model as Sony are now way over priced and no better than Panasonic or certainly LG, 15 years NO issues

Sadly I cannot agree with you over local tradesman. The salesman from Spatial Nantwich was arrogant, pompous and thought of me as an irritant. Spatial head office washed their hands. Other independents may have more morals - I can only speak from my experience Currys have never failed me in this manner, replacement Microwaves and Printers no quibble, and the most important thing unlimited advice

I respect your views obviously, please though don’t start a disagreement (have no reason to believe you would other than a previous poster who ignored my MH issues and became nasty) 

Thanks Craig

kindest Regards

Chris