Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z's Loudspeaker Waterproof?

SOLVED
Shoken
Visitor

Xperia Z's Loudspeaker Waterproof?

So I just got my Xperia Z today. I first tested the camera then the music using the loadspeaker volume max. The volume is really high and the music sounded awesome. Then while it was playing, I tried to wash it. Suddenly the volume just went down and emits crappy sound. So I'm not sure if the water entered the speaker. The phone works perfectly fine though. Water Resistant? Now I wonder.. >.>

Edit: So I tried playing a video on YouTube, the volume was loud and doesn't have a problem. Then I re-tried playing Music on my Xperia Z, turns out it works perfectly fine now. It's so weird.. I still don't know what caused the loadspeaker to malfunction but my loadspeaker is working fine now.

Ce message a été modifié par: Shoken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

It’s not a fault; there was just simply water in the area of the speaker. It is water resistant, however you obviously need a hole of some sort to let sound out and when water gets in this area there will drop in audio volume/quality until it dries.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

check the loud speaker there might be a bit of water

VictorVV
Visitor

I have same problem Neutral_Face .

Sam
Legend
Legend

It’s not a fault; there was just simply water in the area of the speaker. It is water resistant, however you obviously need a hole of some sort to let sound out and when water gets in this area there will drop in audio volume/quality until it dries.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Edoni
Visitor

i only washed from outside and the loude speaker make now just a little hearing sounds and some creapy it will be fixed of what and how long are you others having this problem and still didn have a change or did it been fixed please write

MattiasA
Visitor

The same happened for me. I put my phone at the computerfan where it blows air, started some music, after a few minutes it was gone and speaker sounded as it should.

moomin14
Visitor

It takes about 3 to 6 hours or even more for the water to disperse. Its normal don't worry. Happens to me all the time when i watch youtube in the bath or shower. Worth it though Slightly_smiling_Face

MattiasA
Visitor

What movies are you watching in shower? Dizzy_Face

rusticguy
Visitor

You watch youtube in bath or a 3X Movie :smileygrin: