Join now - be part of our community!

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

Markz3
Visitor

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

My Z3 will not come out of airplane mode. Tried every thing including a complete reset to basics.

Anyone else seen this ?

37 REPLIES 37
Curnow1
Contributor

Did you active any stamina mode or any battery saver settings? If yes then try turning them off. Or have you installed any task killers or battery saving apps,  you should uninstall them.

supascoop
Visitor

I've had this problem all day and it's done my.head right in!

After 3 hours of trying various things I did this:

1. Turn on flight mode through settings so you have the aeroplane icon at the top of your phone
2. Restart the phone
3. When the phone reboots, hold the power button in and switch off aeroplane mode through here

That made it work. Hope it helps someone else out

ClashToru
Visitor

I have the exact same problem, Markz3. Did u manage to find a solution to this problem? Could it be a hardware issue like a messed up antenna?

Markz3 wrote:

When the 'phone powers up, if you press the power button on the side the Airplane Mode is always ON. If you switch it off it goes off but there is still no sevrice.

Looking through services menu shows the box for airplane mode un-ticked. If you set it and turn it off again the power button mode says it's  still on.

If you tick and use the power mode to turn it off the service menu option un ticks but there is still not service. When trying to make a call it says you need to turn the flight mode off.

RobertoANR
Visitor

Sorry to inform you the bad news, but I had to send my Z3 from Brazil for SONY US (because it was purchased in Orlando -FL and here did not give warranty !) for repair.

Good news, SONY exchanged the unit for a new one. Not yet arrived in Brazil since asked a relative to bring it for me.

At the end do not know what was the reason. If it was a manufacturing defect or because I took him to the pool.

Remains doubtful.

Now I will be afraid to wet the device ... Probably will not go.

Surely I will not !!!

I hope you have tha same end. 

mahmoud95
Visitor

I have same problem please help and I tried everything
ory4
Visitor

My fix for this was to go to WiFi calling settings and change preferred to use cellular for making calls.
DanDude
Visitor

I have the same problem yet when i hold down the power button there is no 'Airplane Mode' there all there is, is - Power off. Restart. Take Screenshot and Record Screen...

It's being doing my head in all day help!

Visitor

I'm stuck on the same thing too. I have a verykool Luna s4510u and it is rooted. When I try make a call it says "To place a call, first turn off Airplane mode" and it is off airplane mode. I tried what everybody said on this blog and it still doesn't work. I think it's because I flashed an open recovery.img. And when I reboot to recovery it doesn't let me go to the system recovery anymore. I don't know what's wrong with it. I give up until someone figures it out. Lol I might blow my phone. So can someone plz help us out figuring it out. Or if someone figured it out plz help me out. 😀 thx
Ziedanhassan
Visitor

I have same problem in my sony z3 dual i think its happen when i put it in water its hardware problem not software
Z3girl
Visitor

New phone 3 days old,  got stuck in flight mode so I saved everything to sd

@Markz3 wrote:

My Z3 will not come out of airplane mode. Tried every thing including a complete reset to basics.

Anyone else seen this ?

and done a system reboot I got so frustrated!! Now in the start up it gets to the Google 'get started' into and says ' checking info' this is as far as I get!! Cannot use my new phone...  Any ideas??