Join now - be part of our community!

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

Markz3
Visitor

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

My Z3 will not come out of airplane mode. Tried every thing including a complete reset to basics.

Anyone else seen this ?

37 REPLIES 37
Thommo
Genius

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Markz3
Visitor

Need 80% power 😞

I've just tried to flatten the battery as you can not longer remove it.

I'll let you know when I have charged and tried. Thank you.

noodlez
Visitor

Can you not switch it off via settings then select wireless and networks then select more and the airplane mode will be at top of list.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds
Markz3
Visitor

Posted and lost this.......

My Z3 in stuck in airplane mode. When I posted before someone suggested doing a rebuild from the PC etc.

I charged the battery back up as it needs 80% to work.

THis has made no difference. I know a moderator answered my last post but now it's gone ??????

Thanks in advance

Markz3
Visitor

Thank you for poiting me in the right direction to where the post moved to 🙂

I've tried everything that has been suggested. Airplance mode will not go off. Even when it says it has. You try to call out it it says 'you need to turn flight mode off' Looks like it's away for repair 😞

Markz3
Visitor

SORRY !!   Thank for all of the help 🙂

Markz3
Visitor

I had the 'phone all working, I fluked it somehow and then turned it off again 😞 Dummy! I can't reproduce my fix 😞 Canceled my repair....

Thank for letting me vent 🙂  

When the 'phone powers up, if you press the power button on the side the Airplane Mode is always ON. If you switch it off it goes off but there is still no sevrice.

Looking through services menu shows the box for airplane mode un-ticked. If you set it and turn it off again the power button mode says it's  still on.

If you tick and use the power mode to turn it off the service menu option un ticks but there is still not service. When trying to make a call it says you need to turn the flight mode off.

is it a  bug?...... why does not one else report it....? Can it be a broken 'phone? My sim works in my old 'phone.

I'll carry on messing around for a while......

Markz3
Visitor

interesting my wi-fi connection still works.... It only stops when I use the setting way of turning airplane mode on.....