Join now - be part of our community!

XP DOWNGRADE FOR FZ11 series

SIMON5080
Visitor

XP DOWNGRADE FOR FZ11 series

Hi, I have managed to get XP on my FZ11L but am still having a few problems with a couple of things and hope someone can help. The first is the sound, I have used the xp downgrade drivers for the FZ19VN but when I plug headphones in it still plays through the laptop speakers and headphones which defeats the object. And the second is the FN keys. I can control the mute button FN+F2 but nothing else. Volume up, down, skip play and stop buttons work but no S or AV.

I have managed all other drivers through a combination of FZ19VN AR31 and original FZ11L drivers but these few things are bugging me.

Why can't Sony just release the XP drivers for these models? they have done so for the VGN-FZ19VN so why not these. I did not realise this was going to be so difficult before I bought the Laptop or else I would have had second thoughts.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
jesnche
Visitor

Hi,

Maybe this can help you. It's in spanish but perhaps you can understand something. About sound problem, anybody have found a solution.

Sony attitude about XP drivers in FZ series is incredible. A lot of FZ laptop owners have sent a email to Sony Support to reclaim these drivers for all FZ series, not only FZ19VN model, also we have open case ( Sony should give you a case number ) to reclaim these drivers. If you do the same, open a case to Sony Support, if a lot of customers reclaim formaly these drivers, maybe Sony change his attitude and They will decide to take care of all yours customers, not only FZ19 clients.

SIMON5080
Visitor

I think I will open a case with them, it' so frustrating. I did see that other thread but as it is in spanish I couldn't make sense of it. i'll keep looking though.

mscase
Visitor

Yes, do open a case with Sony!

I have a case open with them about XP drivers for the FZ11. The more people who do this perhaps the more likely something will be forthcoming.

SIMON5080
Visitor

Well have now opened a case.

I'm hoping more people who want drivers will also post on this thread - It can then be used to try and get somewhere with Sony on this issue.

jazzyyy
Visitor

what must I do for "Open a case"?

I want to join in with this motion. I also need these the driver!

profile.country.en_GB.title
jesnche
Visitor

You should open a case in e-support . First of all you have to register your Vaio and after sony will give you a user in e-support which you will use to open a case.

jazzyyy
Visitor

I jast have open a case! :slight_smile:

SIMON5080
Visitor

Just got a reply from my case

"Thank you for your correspondence

As of yet we haven't received any dates indicating when there will be any XP downgrade drivers for your unit.
The best place to check this out is on the Vaio-Link website on www.vaio-link.com as they will be released there before we are informed of the updates.
The best thing to do is check the site periodically for updates for your model.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate in contacting us.

Regards

Eoin
Sony Vaio team "

Has anyon else had similar replies?

afgun
Visitor

Sony attitude about XP drivers in FZ series is incredible.
Vista is unhandy OS. It can't support much of necessary programms. I couldn't work...

WE NEED XP DRIVERS