Join now - be part of our community!

WIN DVD BD not working

Meld51
Visitor

WIN DVD BD not working

Hello,

Can anyone help?

I have a VGN-AR21S running Vista. Since I upgraded to Vista I can't get WIN DVD to work. CDs play OK but nothing in Blu Ray works.

Also I tried downloading the latest version of WIN DVD BD from the VAIO update site but it fails and says it needs to be installed manually. How do I do this?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyway thanks, I will work through your hyperlinks and see where I end up! Then let you know...

You're welcome Meld, hope all goes well.. :four_leaf_clover:

Meld51
Visitor

Update 1 complete

Something about AASC key being expired.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Most of the UK had flu last week so resembled this. Thalamus is the guy

Where did you get that photo of me in fancy dress from... :laughing:

Meld51
Visitor

Well, I've updated as far as I can go. Now I get a message saying that my AACS key has expired.

It looks like the auto update feature will not work. I get a message from Corel saying:

"Currently there is no new key or patch available for your player" and to get in touch with Tech Support. When I do that they say that OEM installations of WIN DVD are not supported by email...very helpful.

I've sent them an email anyway but has anyone got any ideas what to do next?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi meld,

you want to try contacting Vaio-support as well.. :thinking:

The only other suggestion that I can think of at the moment is to uninstall Win-DVD, once uninstalled then download the Intervideo WinDVD BD8.0.8.100 application again using the following link: Intervideo WinDVD BD8.0.8.100

Then install ITAOTH-01523801-UN.exe followed by the updates as listed above again..

However I'm not sure that this will resolve the AACS key problem.. :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
saikamma
Explorer

Hi,

I have a problem with my Sony Vaio FZ21M where I put my Blu ray disc in my laptop and the computer just doesnt recognize it. I have posted on the same on the forum, Spoke to the customer support and they created a case with number 3573472. They also gave me one of the solutions of formatting the laptop and setting back to Factory settings or do a system restore.System restore did not work, and I dont want to do a complete format or send it to Vaio support for a thorough check up. Is there any patch file or a driver download i need to do in order to put it back to work. Btw, the drive is MATSHITA BD-Cmb UJ 120 ATA Device. could you kindly help ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi KRISHNASAI,

have you installed all of the Win DVD updates.?

You can find the updates for your FZ21M by clicking on the following link: FZ21M updates