Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SR19VN Sony Utilities?

arnie.armstrong
Visitor

VGN-SR19VN Sony Utilities?

Hello!

Having purchased a VGN-SR19VN today and upgraded the OS to Vista Ultimate I can't seem to find a download for Sony Utilities and the Sony hotkey application. As it stands everything is working great apart from the custom buttons above my keyboard.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi arnie.armstrong and welcome.

Have you installed the Utilities from here : -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN...

You need Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service.

However, we have seen this problem before with Vista Ultimate and I cannot recall a solution.

:thinking:

hugpache
New

I have exactly the same problem..

Upgraded my CS11S to Vista 64, which means a fresh install from Vista 32, and even after installing Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service the custom buttons won't work..

hugpache
New

I have exactly the same problem..

Upgraded my CS11S to Vista 64, which means a fresh install from Vista 32, and even after installing Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service the custom buttons won't work..

Ok so after a bit more digging I managed to get the FN keys to work, as well as the Capture button which fires up the arcsoft webcam software.

In case your interested on how I did this, I got the drivers from Sony's USA support website (http://esupport.sony.com/).

Just look for a similar model to yours, in my case I got the following files for the Sony VGN-CS115JQ (I got a VGN-CS11S/Q, not that the color matters):

Original - Sony® Firmware Extension Parser10/06/20088.0.1.60871017.79 KB
Original - Sony® Notebook Utilities10/06/20081.028.52 MB
Original - Sony® Shared Library10/06/20085.1.00.071102.33 MB

What is great in the US website is that their models ship with either Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit, something that Sony Europe doesn't seem to care about..

Now that the FN keys work I'm just having a small problem, the brightness popup shows but it won't move and the brightness won't change (it's maxed).

Help anyone?