Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR51E-1 Battery issues

MobiusNex
Visitor

VGN-AR51E-1 Battery issues

Hi, I've had my VAIO for 11 months and since purchase the battery completely drains within a few days when turned off and NOT IN USE. Sony service tells me it's normal and have done nothing to help. Anyone else suffered from the same issue?

The whole experience has put me off buying another Sony laptop.

M

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mobius Nex,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I presume you select Shut down when turning the Vaio off instead of just clicking on Start then the power button to place your Vaio is low power mode.?

There has been similar posts before..

...use the following link to view: Why does my laptop battery go flat when switched off

MobiusNex
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your advice is not something I've been told before, usually I shut down via the START turn off option or the actual power on/off button on the laptop.

I take it that the only option to prevent power leeching is from Shut Down only then? I shall have to look into.

If that's the case then I'll be extremely happy. It's annoying not being able to use the laptop when there's no power points to plug into!

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

Take out the battery after shutdown. My AR51SU uses power too when switched off.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Your advice is not something I've been told before, usually I shut down via the START turn off option or the actual power on/off button on the laptop.

Here is an example of the shut down option I was referring to..