Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Software

sraikos
Visitor

Vaio Update Software

Hi guys? Does anyone know where from I could download the vaio update software? I uninstalled it accidentally while I was offered to update it and clicked yes on the prompted message that was saying "do you want to completely uninstall Vaio update"?...and that was it.
Thanks in advance and Happy New Year

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi guys? Does anyone know where from I could download the vaio update software? I uninstalled it accidentally while I was offered to update it and clicked yes on the prompted message that was saying "do you want to completely uninstall Vaio update"?...and that was it. 
Thanks in advance and Happy New Year

Hi sraikos,

unfortunately Vaio update is not available for download.. :slight_frown:

Have a tried a system restore to a point before you applied the update.?

sraikos
Visitor

Hi Thalamus...Thank you for your response.
In fact no..I haven' t tried a system restore yet as most probably many things have changed since I' ve uninstalled the software. I have to chose I am afraid...
Thank you very much

hugpache
New

you can use the recovery dvd #1 to restore programs and drivers, vaio update is listed on my restore cd :slight_smile:

i can't try it out because i've installed vista 64 and can't use vaio update (only works on 32 bits as far as i know)

sraikos
Visitor

Thanks for the hint. As far as I can remember I tried to use the recovery utility directly from the hidden partition of the C drive but I think the vaio update software wasn' t listed. I haven' t tried it with the recovery dvds though (I don' t even know if it is about the same thing!). I' ll take another go anyway.
Cheers