Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Laptop case hinge is broke

xkissthestarsx
Visitor

VAIO Laptop case hinge is broke

My Vaio laptop hinge broke last month which connects my monitor to the base of the laptop and there for cannot lift my monitor as it is unstable and will brake the wire that is now visable.
The monitor and computer its self still works

I have been to comet and currys to see if they could fix the problem but was told to either send it to sony or try pc world :S
there is a sony centre in town would they be able to fix my problem??
or do i have to send it to sony? as i dont want to send it off and have it broken on delivery

HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi xkissthestarsx and welcome.

What model Vaio do you have? If you let us know we may be able to point you in the right direction.

The hinges are speciallist parts unique to your model and usually cost about £45 each but you will probably have to order the part by mail order and get a local repairer to fix it.

Alternatively you could send it to Sony who will repair it but this may be expensive.

:thinking:

xkissthestarsx
Visitor

Ita a VGN-BX297xp model
just been reading upon similar models and seems sony has many problems with hinges on their laptops!!

I'd like to send it to sony but the screen isnt that very secure as it is completly off the right hand hinge with the screws snapped off i didnt notice this untill i found one of the screw heads and dont want the other hinge or the screen to get damaged if i send it off to sony!! :slight_frown: i've only had it 1 year and 4 months and has been very looked after and never been dropped!!