Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade memory on Xl 302

ocommane
Visitor

Upgrade memory on Xl 302

I think this machine can take 3GB but comes with two. It has two slots. So do I just upgrade one 1GB card to a two GB card? Or do I have to start again and buy two new cards? What's best?

My PC needs a spruce up. Any other obvious upgrades I can do easily?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ocommane,

according to the Technical Specifications your Vaio has 4 slots and the Ram is upgradable to 3072MB.

If you need a guide on how to upgrade the RAM on your Vaio, then click on the following link: How do upgrade your Vaio's memory ?

Note: It states in the guide (no 7) that your RAM should be installed as matching pairs..

A large number of Club Vaio members have bought extra RAM from crucial.com as an added benefit from buying from Crucial is their memory compatibility guarantee. To visit Crucial.com use this link: Crucial.com

ocommane
Visitor

Thank you, I have used crucial before and they are good so I will give it a go

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

h4
Visitor

Hi

i ordered my memory from crucial tuesday afternnoon and recieved it the next day. £25 for 2 x 1gig modules. Installed last night, i had to remove the graphics card, there seemd to beenough space to do it without but it was tight. Booted bios, and it showed as 4gig!!! Also checked under system information , appeared as 4gig!!!

I recently upgraded the graphics card to the MSI GT8500, which i got from a fellow forum user so I am happy.