Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN-FW11E Bluetooth problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrusse50
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN-FW11E Bluetooth problem

Hi Everyone,

I am currently having a problem that i have not had before.

I am trying to connect my Nokia 5200 and Samsung E900 mobile to my computer via bluetooth which is built-in to my laptop.

I have done this many times before via Nokia software and bluetooth that came with laptop.

Everytime i try connecting in Vista Home Premium it says 'Bluetooth Device Might Me Unplugged' when selecting the option to allow other bluetooh device to find my computer.

When i try and get Vista to find a bluetooth device such as my mobile phones it says 'Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapter is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that your Bluetooth device is turned on.'

Now i never had problems before. I redownloaded bluetooth drivers for my bluetooth and that wont install as it says bluetooth not found. I cannot findd anything in device manager either.

I am having a nightmare and was going to do clean install and if that failed then i know the bluetooth has died on laptop but i have over 120GB of data i would need to backup and will take ages so trying to avoid a restore if possible.

Basically it cannot find bluetooth on my laptop even thou it built in. I cannot find any switches for it to turn on etc and i am very good when it comes to computers and laptops, my knowledge of them is professional so i am very sure i have not forgot to try anything.

Anyone have any possible solutions to my problem?

Thank you,
Mathew

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mathew,

Have you enabled the Bluetooth on your VAIO.?

To do so switch the wireless LAN to the on position, the switch can be found on the front left of your Vaio.

Then click next to or above the Bluetooth in the Vaio Smart network window.

Note make sure the wireless light next to the switch is on..

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrusse50
Visitor

Thanks ever so much :smileygrin:

I cannot beleive i forgot about turning it on in Smart Network software, lol my head is going slowly.

Thank you,
Mathew

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Mathew.. :slight_smile: