Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Fw Shortcut Key Bios Sound - Help!

Billo1187
Visitor

Sony Vaio Fw Shortcut Key Bios Sound - Help!

Hi guys, I posted a few days ago asking for help with my new Vaio Fw 21m - I wanted to disable the loud bleed you get when changing the volume using the shortcut volume hotkey. I was told to rename a file called Pi.wav in the Sony Vaio Event Service folder. This does get rid of the volume bleep, but now a new bleep has appeared from nowhere when I press the S1 key or AV Mode key. It Sounds a bit like a BIOS sound, any help on how to disable would be great -

PS I have heard about annoying BIOS sounds before, so tried to go into the BIOS, but there is no BIOS volume option when i press the F2, just basic information and the option to set a password!! Please help!!

Cheers, Billo1187

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Billo1187,

I'm not sure of what the sound is that you're referring to.?

I thought the PI. wav was used by Fn volume keys, S1 & AV mode.. :thinking:

Billo1187
Visitor

Hi, yes the pi.wav file is used by all of those functions, the volume controls, the av and the s1 buttons. However, after renaming the Pi.wav file as you mentioned on my previous thread:

1) The volume control now do not beep at all, which is what I wanted to happen
2) However, the S1 and Av buttons have now got a new different beep. Its not a sony wav file because I checked all of them and none of them sound like it. The noise that I get now with the Av and S1 buttons sounds like a BIOS beep.

I tried to go into the BIOS on startup (pressing F2) to turn the BIOS volume down (or off) to try and stop this noise, but there is no option relating to volume at all in the BIOS (there is also no advanced tab)!

How do I get rid of this new BIOS-style beep from the AV button and S1 button?? (Volume buttons now dont beep at all after renaming pi.wav file, which is what I wanted!)

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks, Billo1187

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

renaming the Pi.wav file as you mentioned on my previous thread:

Have you tried renaming the Pi.wav back to the original name, does that stop the new Beep sound.?

What did you call the Pi.wav file when you renamed it.?