Join now - be part of our community!

Recovered AR51SU - no eject button or S1 S2

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

Recovered AR51SU - no eject button or S1 S2

I thought everything had recovered ok but I was wrong. As stated My S1, S2, volume and dvd eject buttons don't work now. Interestingly the mute button does work. I have looked at Vaio Support but couldn't find any utilities packages that weren't already installed - I think. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
micdonal
Visitor

An update.
I have downloaded and installed the Sony Utilities package (which includes Sony shared library) and run most of them several times. My volume button now works and the mute button still works. My Fn keys and the S1 and S2 and dvd eject button still don't work.

Oh dear, it seems system restore doesn't work either. It won't create a restore point, giving an error 0x80070070 - no space on the disc. vssadmin has been used to set system restore space to 25GB and there is 202GB of free space on the disc.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Quackers88,

you seem to be having a few problems, have you tried running the Vaio recovery utility and re-installing your Vaio again.?

micdonal
Visitor

Hi Thalamus and thanks for the reply.

Having read numerous threads on this type of thing I am still unsure as to whether these other buttons should work or not after a recovery (without running the utilities/drivers which are downloadable from Sony).

As the recovery seemed to work ok (present problems excepted) I would rather not start again, unless it is absolutely necessary. The recovery I have already run took almost 11 hours to complete! including all MS updates and Sony updates - some of which ran ok and some which did not.

BTW I apologise for the late reply, but I work away all week so only get the weekends to sort these things out.

Having bought a "high end" laptop I am still not very impressed with its speed/performance, apart from the BluRay drive and screen. I am seriously considering buying a proper version of Ultimate (or maybe Home Premium) and starting from scratch. I feel sure the performance would improve without the bloatware. But then I would still have the problem of the special function buttons etc. not working.