Join now - be part of our community!

"has stopped working"

AnnVAIO
Visitor

"has stopped working"

Hello,
I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FW21M and I can't create a recovery DVD with "VAYO recovery center". When I click "start" a window pops up with a "VAYO Recovery Center has stopped working", and the Recovery Center is closed.
When I open other software like Premiere Element or VAIO Movie Story, these software "has stopped working" also...
What can I do? Have an idea?
Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi AnnVAIO and welcome to Club Vaio.

With so many problems, it may be worth doing a full recovery back to factory configuration and set your Vaio up again by applying all Vaio Updates and All Windows Updates. This is not too drastic if your Vaio is new and has little data to back up.

Download the Recovery Guide for your model from here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2008Q3_TRG_EN.pdf

and look at page 30 - you need the 'Restore complete system' method.

If this does not stabalise your system and allow you to make recovery discs, check that you have not installed any 'Virtual Disc' software (like Daemon Tools) as this clashes with the recovery process. Use DVD+R discs of a good make (Sony, Verbatim, TDK) - I would avoid DL discs.

If all else fails, you will need to contact Sony and they will probably send you a set of recovery discs.

:slight_frown:

AnnVAIO
Visitor

Thanks for your answer.
I can't launch the program "Restore C: Drive" and the "Restore Complete System", I have the same message "... has stopped working". :slight_frown:
So I really don't know what to do to save my computer :wink:
Have an other idea ??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi AnnVAIO,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Your Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

AnnVAIO
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
Thanks for your help...
I succeed to Reinstall my C: Drive... :slight_smile:
and now the Recovery Center is working and I succeeded to do the DVD recovery !
Thanks you, all, VAIO Experts!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome AnnVAIO.. :slight_smile: