Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEMS WITH MY BATTERY

Bogdan_Manea
Visitor

PROBLEMS WITH MY BATTERY

5 months ago ived purchaised a SONY VAIO VGN-FW11E and everything was ok till last month when i saw that my battery wasnt charging the full 100% anymore and was stopping at 80%!i dont know what to do,ived asked everyone but nobody has a clue and im also not sure if i should bring it to the service or its a software problem!please help me if you know something!it stoppes like a limitation or something, at 80% stopps charging everytime!what should i do???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Bogdan_Manea and welcome to Club Vaio.

Only charging to 80% is often caused by the Vaio Battery Care function which extends the life of your battery by limiting the charge to 80%.

Look for the Battery Care Function by going to Start -> VAIO Control Center -> System Information -> VAIO Status Monitor -> Power/Performance Settings -> Battery Care Function.

You can usually turn this function off and charge to 100%

Good Luck

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bogdan_Manea,

I suspect that the VAIO Battery Care Utility is activated and limiting the charge to 80%.

The options on this can be accessed via Vaio Control Centre.

If you generally use your notebook on AC power I would recommend that you leave this 'as is'. Continuous charging to 100% leads to a “death charge” and will shorten your battery life...
EDIT - beat me to it Blencogo :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat