Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture (VGN-AR31M)

jthanassis
Visitor

Problem with AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture (VGN-AR31M)

Dear all,
I have recently bought my new VAIO VGN-AR31M. This model comes with an internal tv tuner (AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card,M115S (DVBT/NTSC/PAL/SECAM)).

I run Windows Vista Home Premium and I have a major problem the AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture. When I try to run an application that uses this driver a white screen appears instead of the expected tv program. To be more specific a white layer covers the tv screen.
The sound doesn't work either.

My card works great using the the Microsoft Media Center (this applications uses the driver (AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card,M115S (DVBT/NTSC/PAL/SECAM) directly instead of DDShow).

So the problem occurs only when I use the AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture (DDShow).

I've tested the AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture using both DScaler and Media Portal. The result is:
A white screen with no sound.

I've tried to change the contrast/brightness using the dscaler and thare is a temporary fix but the problem with the sound still exist.

I would appreciate any help..

thanks
thanassis

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm using Click2DVD Version 2.6.00.11280 and I can capture from AV-in or S-Video-in.

My AverMedia card is using Ver 3.3.23.87

We have had a number of people with various models having analogue capture problems recently. I keep XP and Vaio Zone running on my desktop RC102 as this is the best machine I have ever had for analogue capture - real RCA connectors front and back!! Things have not been the same since Media Centre has been installed as this is basically a digital only solution.

Unfortunately, it does seem that no-one (including Sony) knows how to fix this problem.

There is a new knowledgebase entry under reference V00285

Solution V00285

Symptoms:

I am unable to capture video from an analogue device in Click to DVD.

Description:

To be able to capture video from an analogue video device in Click to DVD, your VAIO computer must be equipped with analogue input (composite A/V or s-Video) jacks and it must be running a preinstalled version of Windows XP Media Center or Windows Vista.

However, analogue video capture in Click to DVD is unavailable with the following VAIO models even if the above-mentioned conditions are met:

VGC-VA1
VGC-RC202
VGC-RC204 (Vista upgrade)
VGN-AR11M/AR11MR/AR11S/AR11SR (Vista upgrade)
VGN-AR21M/AR21MR/AR21S/AR21SR (Vista upgrade)
VGX-XL100/XL201/XL202/XL301/XL302
Solution:

Windows Movie Maker (Windows XP only) or Windows Media Center software are available as alternatives to capturing analogue video on the above-mentioned VAIO computers.

Note that you would need an IR receiver cable (not supplied with all models) connected to your computer to capture video from a video input source in Windows Media Center.
For more details on Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Center, please consult the Help files that come with these applications.

But this still implies that analogue capture via Click2DVD should be possible on all AR31 and AR41 models and also AR11 and AR21 models running XP.

:thinking:

billylol
Visitor

I found the mistake.

First you need a program to sintonize the signal, but not a freeware as it won't work. Media centre, Corel video studio 12(recommended). It will capture the signal and then with dscaler or kastor tv you can see how there's no white screen. Now you can enjoy tv.
By the way, this cards have the problem you will need a deinterlacer filter, try with greedy 2 frame to reduce to maximum. now, if you want to capture the signal by corel video studio 12, it will have a delay of 1,5" I suppose, but if you want real time, this is the solution.
This has benn tried with LA-1 and AR-71 ZU