Join now - be part of our community!

POOR BLUERAY DISC PLAYBACK

profile.country.en_GB.title
Appoloyon
Visitor

POOR BLUERAY DISC PLAYBACK

I have just restored my AR11S back to factory settings, the reason being my system was very buggy from the off start. This time I decided not to continue and restore the pre installed applications using the Vaio Application Utility (2nd recovery disc). There were not really any applications on the disc that I used often enough to justify using the HDD space up and slowing my computer down anyway. I do however still want to play my Blueray Discs, the InterVideo WinDVD BD for Vaio application is installed but I am having problems with it. I know how to set the correct region and have done that, I also know there is an update on support.vaio.sony.co.uk:

InterVideo WinDVD BD8.0.8.425 184.64 Mb 19/12/2007

I have downloaded and run this update. Blueray discs now play. The problem is the quality of playback is just not acceptable enough to be worth watching. The sound and picture are not in sync, often the sound is further ahead than what is on screen and the picture pauses every few seconds. This is the case for both older and more recently released Blueray discs. I have attempted to update the Firmware, there are four updates for this on support.vaio.sony.co.uk:

1. Firmware Update for Matshita BD-MLT UJ-2101.05 1.36 Mb 06/12/2006
2. Firmware Update for Matshita BD-MLT UJ-210S1.03060727 1.36 Mb 24/08/2006
3. Firmware Update for Matshita BD-MLT UJ-210S1.04060830 1.36 Mb 14/09/2006
4. UJ-850BSX1-J/BSXA-J Firmware Update1.01 1.98 Mb 06/10/2006

1. This update refuses to run because apparently the Firmware is already up to date.
2,3, and 4. These updates all refuse to run because apparently the Firmware loader does not apply to the DVD/CD-RW drive I am using - funny when these updates are listed in the update section specifically for the model of notebook I am using.

Does anyone have a fix for this? :slight_smile:
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The retail version of WinDVD 9+BD works with both XP and with Vista so it may be worth trying to install the newer version of WinDVD BD Ver 8.0 - 8.0.9.429_2 which is available under the Vista downloads for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2259...

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Appoloyon
Visitor

The retail version of WinDVD 9+BD works with both XP and with Vista so it may be worth trying to install the newer version of WinDVD BD Ver 8.0 - 8.0.9.429_2 which is available under the Vista downloads for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2259...

:thinking:

Thanks for the reply.
I installed this update, and it appears to have improved quality but not fully. The playback no longer pauses every few seconds but the sound and picture are still becoming out of sync. After just a few seconds of playback the sound is about 3 of 4 seconds ahead of the picture. :slight_frown: