Join now - be part of our community!

New Hard Drive

DaBomb
Visitor

New Hard Drive

Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I recently have had to replace my complete hard drive due to it being corrupted.

I have reinstalled windows and all the relevant drivers. However I have encountered a few problems i.e. I cannot scroll down a page using the right side of the touchpad, the notebook doesn't seem to hibernate properly when closing the screen etc.

I'm not sure whether I should I use the recovery utility and restore all the factory installed applications. What do you guys think?

Also, I remember having 2 recovery discs. Which one would be most relevant?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Da Bomb,

What model Vaio do you have?
Have you reinstalled XP or Vista?
Have you reinstalled ALL the Drivers and Utilities available for download?
Have you installed ALL Microsoft Updates and ALL Vaio Updates? You will have to do the Vaio Updates manually if you have not reinstalled the original Operating System from the Recovery Discs.

The Hibernation sounds like an Update problem - possibly the Video driver needs updating.

If you recover the systen from the Recovery Discs, you have to use disc 1 as it is the only bootable disc.

You cannot install the applications from disc 2 unless you have installed the system from disc 1. Vaio Update will not work.

:thinking:

DaBomb
Visitor

Thanks Blencago.

I have the S5XP/B and installed Windows XP. I didn't realise the recovery discs had the OS on them.

What applications are on disc 2?