Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony Vaio VGN-NS11Z/S does not recognize the 4GB installed, but sees only 3GB!

diepet
Visitor

My Sony Vaio VGN-NS11Z/S does not recognize the 4GB installed, but sees only 3GB!

I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NS11Z/S, it mounts a Windows Vista 32-bit and 4GB RAM installed.

I have immediately uncovered that unfortunely Windows Vista recognizes ONLY 3GB, this is the picture:

I made some research and it seems that the best solution is to install Windows Vista 64-bit, but I could not find any driver for Windows Vista 64-bit on the official Support Sony Vaio site!

Please, how can i resolve this problem?

There's some way to enable ALL the 4GB of my Sony Vaio on the Windows Vista 32-bit installed?
There's some way to find Windows Vista 64-bit driver for my Sony Vaio?

It seems so absurd to sell a notebook with 4GB RAM mounted and with a operating system installed that recognizes only 3GB!!!!

Thanks,
Diego

2 REPLIES 2
zcapx32
Visitor

3GB ram is a limit native to 32Bit Operating Systems, then only way to utilise the full 4Gb is to instally a 64Bit OS. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing you can do

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi diepet,

The 32 bit version of Vista can only handle a maximum of 4GB of RAM..

The reason that the maximum 4GB of RAM is not shown is due to Vista allocating RAM to devices such as graphics cards etc..

Unfortunately Sony do not support Vista 64 bit, the 64 bit drivers released by Sony have only undergone limited testing and are being released as is. You can see the list of 64 Bit drivers by using the following link: Vista 64-bit drivers