Join now - be part of our community!

how do i best connect an xbox to my desktop vgc lt2s

daverim
Visitor

how do i best connect an xbox to my desktop vgc lt2s

Can anybody help me? I'm unsure how to connect into the monitor with an xbox. i have a hd lead and the standard isue. The hd lead doesnt appear to have a connector anywhere. :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi daverim and welcome to Club Vaio.

This has been a long standing problem and I do not think there is a satisfactory answer.

Your only video inputs are the S-Video and Composite Video inputs through the TV Card. It seems that these work fine for importing video to hard disc for editing, but you cannot stream video input in full screen using Media Centre.

Some people say they have had success by using a different TV analogue tuning program and getting it to recognise a s-video input but the delay going through the TV card would make it difficult to play any games.

This has been mentioned to Sony as it seems sensible to be able to use such a good screen as a video monitor for external equipment - perhaps in the future.

:slight_frown:

daverim
Visitor

Thank you for that. I wish I had researched more before spending £1200 on something I thought would play almost anything. Feeing pretty stupud at the moment,