Join now - be part of our community!

How can I create a recovery cd or dvd from prepartitioned recovery part of harddisk

dsivaio
Visitor

How can I create a recovery cd or dvd from prepartitioned recovery part of harddisk

Dear Friends

I have no recovery cd of my vaio laptop. But C drive of harddisk of my laptop was partitioned (about 5 or 6 GB) by producer for my loading the original operation system of windows in any case of halt /collopse problem to my computer . I know that if you press the F10 button when Vaio Logo at startup is seen, recovery starts otomotically for windows installation.

First question: How can ı create a recovery cd or dvd from this prepartitioned part of harddisk? Since ı have no chance this invisible partition which is loaded by windows and other installation programs. Second question: is it possible to copy this invisible recovery part of harddisk to a usb external harddisk?

thanks for all supports

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To create a set of bootable Recovery Discs you must have the original Sony OEM Operating System installed - you need the Vaio Recovery Utility software installed.

You will have to reinstall the whole system by tapping F10 at bootup and recover back to factory settings then you can make the discs.

You could create your own backup and copy the Recovery using imaging software like Acronis True Image but you cannot access the recovery software without the Sony utility.

Alternatively, you can buy a set of recovery discs from Sony for £35.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To fix your present problems with the Fn Keys and AV mode, download the Original Utilities Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN...

and 'Extract All' to C:\.

Navigate to C:\Utils and run the .EXE files in each of the following folders in this order: -

Utils Installer 1
Utils Installer 2
Utils Installer 4
Utils Installer 5
Instant Mode

I would also install ALL the other Utilities for a fully working Vaio.

:wink: