Join now - be part of our community!

HELP - VGN-SZ61WN/C won't boot any more!

RyhopeWood
Visitor

HELP - VGN-SZ61WN/C won't boot any more!

Hi all

I purchased my new Vaio last December and its guarantee has just expired. Now after behaving erratically for a few days - it started with the mouse pad not working or going into reverse - the notebook started blue screening and failing to boot.

I did a full operating system and application recovery - took more than five hours. Reinstalled my Norton 360 AV suite and low and behold it failed again. I don't know whether it is important but the pc was (a) installing a lot of Vista updates and (b) the first error message was that the Vaio Smart Network had stopped working.

Any advice would be much appreciated. If its a software glitch I could try and fix this myself but if hardware is too blame then I'll send it in to Sony. Th lap top cost way too much to give up on.

Funny really as my older (and more abused TZ) still works great!

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
RyhopeWood
Visitor

** bump **

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

are you able to boot into safe mode.?

To boot into safe mode start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get any error messages when you try to boot your vaio.?

Did you install the Vaio updates once you had recovered your vaio as there are three VAIO Smart Network updates available.. :thinking: