Join now - be part of our community!

Help Needed - Rebuild

rvicary
Visitor

Help Needed - Rebuild

Hi all,

I've just rebuilt my new sony vaio vgn-nr38e, to Vista Home Premium, as it was running slow with the standard out of the box software on there.

I've updated all the drivers successfully except one. in Device manager it has the hardware ID of ACPI\sny5001. When searching google it points me in the direction of the Firmware Extension Parser.

I thought i downloaded all the relevant drivers before the rebuild but couldnt find one for this - is it a seperate download ?

Also, the Fn keys don't appear to function correctly - a couple work, others don't, but it no longer pops up with the display on the LCD as it did previously.

I'm reluctant to install the Sony Shared Library, or VAIO Control Centre as these appear to slow the laptop down considerably as soon as i put these on.

Also, the VAIO Power Management download - is it worth installing this ?

Could someone advise please.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Rich and welcome,

I think you need the Sony Notebook Control driver, SFEP Driver (Sony) 7.0A - 7.0.0.5_101606_logo

You are right, this appears to be missing from the downloads for all the NR2 and NR3 Vaios

I attach the driver from the NR1-Series to the bottom of this post - it is up to you if you use it.

If you want the special keys and the Fn keys to work you will have to install all the utilities.

:thinking:

rvicary
Visitor

Thanks for that, has now solved the missing driver issue....

I bit the bullet and installed the shared library, control centre and the Vaio power scheme, but still not getting any joy with the Fn keys - i read somewhere there is a seperate install for the utils, but this isnt showing on the download page for my model ?

Thanks again for your help.

rvicary
Visitor

right, got a little further, the fn keys for the volume are now working but not the brightness or screen swap (tft/vga out)....

I downloaded a previous versions application util pack and ran the event service, but like i say only the sound wants to work ?!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!