Join now - be part of our community!

hard drive

sparky24
Visitor

hard drive

problem with hard drives,i have two 30gb hard drives on my laptop C & D only C drive has any thing on it, D is empty as my computer is running very slow is there a way of getting both hard drives to run as one.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sparky24,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

What model Vaio do you have.?

I suspect that your Vaio has only one 60 GB HDD, which has been partitioned into C & D..

Depending on the disc space occupied by your My Documents folder, a possible quick solution would be to change the default location of your My Documents folder, use the following link to view a guide on the procedure: How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder

sparky24
Visitor

Hi sparky24,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

What model Vaio do you have.?

I suspect that your Vaio has only one 60 GB HDD, which has been partitioned into C & D..

Depending on the disc space occupied by your My Documents folder, a possible quick solution would be to change the default location of your My Documents folder, use the following link to view a guide on the procedure: How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder

i have a VGN-FS315E computer,i have just checked on my 'thankmy documents' folder and have very little on it,thanks for your assistance.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

is there a way of getting both hard drives to run as one

Hi sparky24,

the Sony way is to use the Vaio recovery tool and at no 10 select C & D Recovery (Change Partition size)..
However all the data on your hard drive(s) will be removed and then your Vaio will be recovered back to the factory settings..

The other option is to use a third party program something like Acronis Disk Director Suitewhich should allow you to resize partitions without data loss...

Which ever way use choose it's important to back up all important data first.. :wink:

Alternatively the following guide may help you reclaim some HDD space on your C drive, use the following link to view the guide: Reclaim Hard-Drive Space