Join now - be part of our community!

[Drivers for XP] on VGN-CR31Z/R

PCaddicted
Visitor

[Drivers for XP] on VGN-CR31Z/R

I all.
I was wondering if there are any chance of getting drivers for my notebook , im not very happy with vista...
Can i downgrade to XP??
Is there any drivers for this model??

Please help , thanks. :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi PCaddicted and welcome.

Sony Europe do not support XP on your model and so they do not provide XP drivers and Utilities.

If you need XP you will have to individually find the drivers from other Vaios or the device manufacturer. As there are no Utilities, many things will not work with XP.

Some Sony sites in the far east do publish XP drivers for the CS-Series but you use these at your own risk as they are not designed for your model.

My advice is to stick with Vista.

:slight_frown:

PCaddicted
Visitor

Hi PCaddicted and welcome.

Sony Europe do not support XP on your model and so they do not provide XP drivers and Utilities.

If you need XP you will have to individually find the drivers from other Vaios or the device manufacturer. As there are no Utilities, many things will not work with XP.

Some Sony sites in the far east do publish XP drivers for the CS-Series but you use these at your own risk as they are not designed for your model.

My advice is to stick with Vista.

:slight_frown:

Hello m8 , and thanks for the quick answer , ok , then seems that ill have to live with vista hehe.
Do you known if this model works properly with the new windows 7 ??
I read some good coments on that SO.
They say its more stable than vista or XP.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

A few members here have tried Windows 7 beta and everyone seems to like it.

All drivers that work with Vista are meant to be 100% compatible with Win7 - so that is something to look forward to.

:slight_smile: