Join now - be part of our community!

BUILT IN CAMERA NOT WORKING

LORINE
Visitor

BUILT IN CAMERA NOT WORKING

Hi guys,
Have a CS serie- the build in camera was working fine, however I tried it today through the "Capture" function and am getting the error message "no input".I haven t connected my normal digital camera to the laptop...has it happened to you and how can I fix it?
Thanks for your help

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Lorine and welcome to Club Vaio.

Can you check if your camera is shown as being installed and working properly in Device Manager?

Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Imaging Devices

:thinking:

LORINE
Visitor

Hi
Thanks for replying -
no, it s not coming up

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It may have become uninstalled somehow (usually a Vista Update).

Does it appear anywhere else in Device Manager? Have a look in all the categories to see if it appears as a USB Camera. It may have a warning yellow triangle next to it.

I have just had a look at the download page for the CS11-Series and the camera driver seems to have been left out.

Do you have a directory called C:\Drivers or possibly C:\Windows\Drivers? There may be a replacement camera driver in there.

LORINE
Visitor

there's a folder under the drivers folders in the c:drive -
VGP-VCC6 -then you have different languages listed-DPInst32-DPInst64-(both applications)- or a Windows Batch file called Install.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try running the DPInst32.exe by double-clicking on it.

LORINE
Visitor

done - it shows that Ricoh R5U870 (uvc) is ready to use message - however when I tried the capture function nothing happened

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It may need a reboot.

What is the 'Capture' utility called on your model? Is it the VAIO Camera Capture Utility or something else?

LORINE
Visitor

yes it is vaio camera capture Utility

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'll sleep on it!!! The VCCU may need reinstalling.

Let us know if a reboot works.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: