Join now - be part of our community!

Battery for FW11-S - Charging Problems!

profile.country.en_GB.title
geokenda
Visitor

Battery for FW11-S - Charging Problems!

I've recently purchased my FW11-S, and within days I had a message that the battery was incompatable and the battery would not take the charge when connected to AC Supply? All this pointed to an unserviceable battery. I contacted the supplier/retailer who asked me to return said battery - and then they provided a replacement. I have had that battery a couple of days and this one doesn't take a charge either. The laptop charging light indicates it is taking a charge but when clicking on the battery icon it shows a very low % charge.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I currently have an open "case" with Viao and am awaiting a call or contact back!!

GK.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Badger69,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Some Vaio models have a Battery Care Function this usually stops charging at approximately 80%, is this the problem you are experiencing.?

I'm not sure if your Vaio model has this function but you may find Battery Care Function by going to Start, then clicking on VAIO Control Center, followed by System Information, then VAIO Status Monitor, then Power/Performance Settings finally Battery Care Function.. :thinking: