Join now - be part of our community!

all in one pc wireless problem

dominic07
Visitor

all in one pc wireless problem

i have purchased a vaio all in one from pc world a week ago (VGC-LN1M) which is very smart and has the wireless keybard and mouse. The only problem is that the wireless connection keeps dropping out on a sporadic basis and then i have a pc whihc wants me to type to log on but no keyboard or mouse working. It is a great pc but if i cant resolve this probllem it is going to have to go back since it is driving me mad.

I have used all the connect buttons at the bac of the pc and base of the k/b or mouse. Sometimes it will work if i shut down and then can re-connect on start up but even this is not a given. I have been through the book and across the updates but no refernce to it so maybe it is just my pc.

Has anyone come across this or got any ideas on a fix - it is ruining a lovely PC!

Dominic

6 REPLIES 6
spark240
Visitor

Hi, I have had the same thing once, since then its been ok, but I do have the remote control doing its own thing when trying to use the media software, the TV keeps switching channels on its own ! very frustrating.

paulbow
Visitor

I have the same pc but not had a problem with the wireless conncetion. However I do have a problem with the built in TV tuner working with windows media centre. Each time I log on and switch to TV, I get the message windows meida was unable to find TV tuner and I have to reinstall each time. Have you had any problems like this. if so can you tell me how you resolved the problem, thanks.

skj911
Visitor

I just got the next model, the Lv1S, and I'm suffering exactly the same problem. The wireless keyboard & mouse will work fine for a while, then just drop connection and no amount of switching on & off or using the reconnect button will work. I have had to install a naff old wired mouse and keyboard just to use the PC! The next day, for no obvious reason it sometimes decides to work again.

Did you manage to fix your problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
chris.campling@am65
Visitor

Hi there

I have the XL302 & whenever this happens to me pressing the Fn key will always re-connect the keyboard (the XL302 does not have a wireless mouse, only keyboard with pad), the Escape key will also work.
Hope this is some help.

skj911
Visitor

Thanks Chris I'll try that next time. Annoyingly it is working at the moment....!

barclays
Visitor

I had similar problem with my LV1S wireless keyboard and mouse. I sent it back to Sony who said they found a fault I am yet to recieve it back to know that the problem has been solved.