Join now - be part of our community!

Wired connection to router

DURHAMLAD
Explorer

Wired connection to router

Hello there, just got my telly on wall and iv put a wire straight from router to the telly and it's saying there's no connection, already connected to wifi? any help would be great thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your TV is already connected to your home network via Wifi - to use a 'wired' connection, disconnect from the wifi SSID (i.e. forget network) and re-do Network setup via "Wired" instead.

Cheers

DURHAMLAD
Explorer

I turned the wifi off all together when I tried it, should I still forget network and leave wifi on you saying and thanks for the reply 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - Forget Network.

I am also on a wired connection - I have left Wifi switched ON - but not connected to any SSID and can confirm that I Still cast via YouTube and Screen Mirror via Wifi-direct (which is also set to on).

Im referring to your other thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/lost-an-option-to-view-of-ipad-and-smartphone/m-p/2249223

DURHAMLAD
Explorer

Thanks have got the YouTube thing sorted will try the wires connection now, appreciate your help 

DURHAMLAD
Explorer

Tried forgetting the network and it's still not finding, have got wire in the "LAN" bit on TV and in the second port on my router and no joy 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Well that is most disappointing 😞 

A couple of suggestions:

• When you goto "Network Status" what does it come up with?
  • Do you get any connection lights on the back of your router when you connect the network cable to it? Or alternatively many routers have a 'status' page when you go into the admin settings of the router itself.  Is there any detection?
  • Try a different port on the router
  • Do you know it that cable has worked before?  Are you able to test it on another device? Or use another network cable - this is to rule out a faulty cable itself.
  • Does your TV have the latest firmware installed?
  • Sometimes when you have updated the firmware on the TV, a factory reset of the TV is needed as it can resolve issues (clear 'gremlins' etc)

Cheers