Join now - be part of our community!

Are 2015 and early 2016 Sony TV's getting Marshmallow

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Are 2015 and early 2016 Sony TV's getting Marshmallow

Back in the summer it was well touted that Sony would continue to support their 2015 and early 2016 TV's and a lot of store was put in the fact that a Marshmallow update would be forthcoming, it was just a matter of when.

Worryingly things seem to have gone very quiet and apart from trying to sort Sky Q and Bt UHD problems nothing else significant seems to have happened.

I have a KDX49X8305C that I can only use with sky HD as it becomes unstable when I use the so called smart functions.

I endeavoured to use the TV smart functions again yesterday and I'm straight back to random switching on, unresponsiveness and the sound continuing for 10 seconds after the picture and indicator light at the front have shut down after switch off and all within an hour or so of use. I expect the random rebooting and loss of sound would also reappear again if I perservered.

An android reboot remedys most of this as long as I revert to only using sky, problem is it's a rather expensive way of obtaining what is after all just a monitor.

Have Sony deserted us, Nougat is now out and it seems more and more unlikely we are going to get anything, can someone please tell me and others so affected what is currently happening about Marshmallow and stability issues on these TV's ?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony has not abandoned 2015 and early 2016 Android based TVs.  Although there is currently no date set to implement the Marshmallow update as of yet - but I will say 'soon'

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Thanks Quinnicus for the reassurance, I suppose it's better to wait a bit longer and get it right.